As part of the 6-Steps of Bible Study, we like to make a summary or snapshot of a book of the Bible to help us encapsulate and remember the main points. How about this as a title and summary of 2 Thessalonians:
2:13: . . . chosen “for salvation through the sanctification of the Spirit and belief in the truth”
• Don’t worry: At the right time, Jesus will come again and set things straight
• Stand and hold: Tradition and teaching matter (or simply: truth matters)
• Work hard: So you can live and share the gospel effectively
• Stay engaged: “Don’t ever get tired of doing good”
• Ring a bell—loud and clear—so others can follow and can stay in step
1. Don’t worry . . . (because you put your faith in God and his plans for the future)
2. Stand and hold . . .
3. Work hard . . .
4. Engage for good . . .
5. Point the way . . .
Suffering . . . and waiting for Jesus
Standing for truth
Engaging for good
Helping others stay the course